Despite opossums having a negative reputation for consuming trash and generally being unhygienic animals, they are a good thing to have around your home. They are considered nature's garbage disposal because they eat just about anything including dangerous insects like ticks. Also known for their famous "playing dead" tactic, you never want to walk up to one, because they might not be dead. Opossums are still a wildlife creature and not one you want near you and your pets, so please give Critter Control of Indianapolis a call if you see an opossum! 317.708.3867 or use our handy contact form here!
Get Rid of Opossums
Trying to take care of your opossum problem on your own is something that we do NOT recommend. The best thing you can do is call a professional opossum removal technician. Here at Critter Control of Indianapolis, we employ experienced professional technicians that know how to get rid of opossums. Some of the methods that our technicians will use to get rid of your opossum issues are:
- In order to keep opossums out of yards and homes, habitat modification efforts can be employed.
- Remove overgrown shrubs and grasses to limit hiding places.
- Bring pet food in from the outdoors and secure trash can lids to limit food sources.
- Finally, building fences around gardens can restrict the pest's access to easy meals.
Common Opossum Issues
- Opossums can enter your home by accident through your animal doors
- Opossums will usually keep residence under porches, deck, sheds and brush piles
- Opossums will through trash all over the ground from your bins in search of food
Opossum Removal Services
As is the case with most wild animals, opossums become aggressive when they are cornered. They will bite, scratch, bare their teeth, and hiss in order to escape. Pets and people alike may be harmed in the presence of aggressive opossums and are then susceptible to the diseases they carry, such as tuberculosis, tularemia, and Chagas disease. Additionally, the marsupials can be infested with parasites such as fleas, ticks, mites, and lice.
As opossums carry various diseases and have sharp teeth and claws, individuals should never try to trap the animal without professional assistance. Critter Control wildlife removal specialists have the proper training, knowledge, and tools to capture and remove pest opossums from homes and businesses. Contacting trained professionals keeps families and pets safe and disease-free.
We can help you get rid of opossum problems. Call today: 317.708.2606Request a Quote