- Moles are mammalian insectivores, although they are often confused with rodents.
- Moles have different diets and habits than that of a rodent.
- Moles cause most problems for home and business owners that maintain expensive landscaping.
- Moles are small animals that are very capable diggers.
- The animals spend the majority of their lives underground and have little need for a highly developed sense of sight or sound.
- As such, moles have incredibly small eyes and ears that are difficult to see with the naked humane eye.
- 6 inches in length
- 3 ounces in weight
- Webbed front claws
- Grayish-brown in color
- Soft and silk-like fur
- Moles prefer loose soils, like sand, and will avoid clay and stony soils that are difficult to dig through.
- Meadows, grasslands, and woodlands are generally a moles choice in habitat.
- Human landscaping offers tailored and damp ground that is ideal for digging and creates a perfect place for moles to live.
- Moles will make subterranean homes for protection from predators, to rear young, and to overwinter in regions with cold weather.
- Moles are rarely seen inside of buildings due to their preferred choice of habitat.
- Home and business owners are at highest risk of attracting the tiny mammals when using mole-preferred soils.
- Using soils high in acidity will assist in repelling the pests.
- Moles tunnel close to ground surfaces, creating unsightly mounds of upturned dirt.
- This burrowing habit will kill grass and other plants.
- As mole infestations grow, they are capable of more destruction and can totally ruin beautiful fields, yards, and crop yields for farmers.
- Additionally, the mammals inhabit sports fields, resulting in them becoming unusable.
Trapping & Removal
- Moles are difficult to trap and the populations of the pests are hard to control.
- If you are dealing with a mole infestation, call Critter Control of Traverse City.
- We offer experienced workforces that specialize in mole removal.
- Let our trained technicians use their expertise to eradicate mole problems quickly and efficiently.
Damage Repairs & Prevention
Mole control methods can be tedious and expensive. Traps will need to be monitored and boundaries will need to be planted to exclude the small mammals from entering the area. If the incorrect methods are implemented, more damage can be done. Critter Control of Indianapolis has the experience to effectively get rid of your mole problem with long-term results.
We can help you get rid of mole problems.Request a Quote